I participated in an Ambassador Program on behalf of Mom Central for the National Pasta Association. I received pasta samples and a stipend to facilitate the creation of pasta recipes as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
Well, Welcome to National Pasta Month! Yup, October isn’t only about that spooky holiday at the end of the month. National Pasta Month is ALL of October. That’s pretty cool. Can’t say I knew about that until I checked out PastaFits.org recently to find some new recipes. So if this is THE preeminent month for pasta, we gotta cook up some good ones this month.
A great source for some ideas and tips on what or how to cook pasta can be found by a simple click of the mouse over to the PastaFits.org website. And in case you don’t feel like typing that in, here’s the Pasta Fits website link right HERE. (see, saved you a few key strokes!) A few of the big pluses for this gang of cooking pasta are:
- We can cook LOTS. And lots means leftovers which means one less dinner or a few lunches.
- Everyone likes pasta. I mean, how often do you meet someone that says they simply don’t like pasta?
- It’s fun – Cool shapes, various sizes and interesting possibilities
- Many of the recipes are fast and easy to do even on hectic, crazy school year weeknights Woot! Woot!
One of our favorites to try out is a #Yummy Homemade Pasta Salad than can be traditional side and even a main course. As one of our National Pasta Month dinners, here’s how to make pasta salad, easy and delicious. Perfect for the hectic nights of Fall:
How to Make Easy Pasta Salad
- 1 bottle (large) Italian Salad dressing (I recommend one that has lots of seasoning and flavors to make this really pop!)
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1 lb broccoli florets
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes halved
Mix the above saving about 1/3 cup of Italian dressing for later. Refrigerate overnight covered.
- 2/3 package of fettuccine or other pasta that you have on hand – cooked
- 1 lb cooked bacon, crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded or grated parmesan cheese 3/4 cup (more if you love it like we do)
Toss gently the pasta, bacon, parmesan cheese with the marinated vegetables and Italian dressing. Add balance of Italian dressing bottle as needed to the mixture. Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese before serving.
You can serve this warm or chilled. Makes for a perfect tailgate party or easy get together dish as well!
Divertiti! (Enjoy Yourself…..)