0 Flares 0 Flares ×
Ok, this is a classic from my childhood! We thank Westside Market NYC for offering to share their recipe for this yummy holiday fare –
- 1 Semi Boneless Leg of Lamb (6-7lbs.)
- 2 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Kosher salt
- 2 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Fresh Chopped Rosemary Leaves
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Roll of Butcher Twine
- Preheat oven at 400⁰F.
- Open side of the meat and season with 1 tbsp. of minced garlic, 1 tbsp. of kosher salt, 1 tsp. of ground black pepper, and kindly close up the two sides of the meat and tie it with a butcher twine.
- Season the outside of the meat with 1 tbsp. of minced garlic, 1 tbsp. of kosher salt, 1 tsp. of ground black pepper, the olive oil and rosemary.
- Place the meat into a 16 X 11 X 4 roasting pan, add the 2 cups of water and place into a wire rack.
- Roast the seasoned leg of lamb in the preheated oven for 1.5 hours or until the meat has reached an internal temperature of 140⁰F.