This post is inspired by the variety of McCormick products I received as part of the #McCormickBakeSale Campaign through the Mom It Forward Blogger Network. All thoughts are my own.
Update: The winning Virtual Bake Sale Team was Team #6 with 1,086 combined repins. The winners are: Amy from http://amysfinerthings.com/, Emily from http://www.isthisreallymylife.com/, Holly from http://phemomenon.com/, Jennifer from http://www.doubledutymommy.com/, Kristyn from http://lilluna.com/ and Lindsey from http://www.cafejohnsonia.com/
Okay, if you have school aged kids (or a sweet tooth) then you’re most likely familiar with bake sales. Whether it’s the PTA or another school organization, bake sales are great options for fundraising. I mean, who doesn’t love delicious homemade cookies and brownies?! I love being behind the scenes for these bake sales. Not only do I get to bake, which I absolutely love, but I get to share my baked goodies with friends and family to support a cause.
When you live in a small town like I do bake sales become common place. Through the school, through the church and through the Pony Penning season – we use bake sales to raise money for nearly everything! imagine the grin on my face when I found out I get to take part in the Virtual Bake Sale sponsored by McCormick. I was already a huge fan of McCormick since 95% of my spices are their brand already. When you think Bake Sale, or at least when I do, Brownies and Cookies are the first things to come to mind. McCormick has several mouth-watering recipes for brownies and cookies – and even crownies! I gathered inspiration from their Double Chocolate Chunk Orange Cookies to make something of my own. I did a Double Chocolate Chunk Raspberry Cream Filled Sandwich Cookie. It’s a mouthful, I know but it’s one you’ll want to keep biting into.
Double Chocolate Chunk Raspberry Cream Filled Sandwich Cookie Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 8 squares of unsweetened bakers chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 5 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups powdered sugar, plus more to thicken
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 6 tablespoons McCormick® Raspberry Extract
- 4 drops McCormick® red food coloring
- 2 drop McCormick® blue food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, unsweetened chocolate, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and extract; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Stir in chocolate and pecans.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto baking sheets sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or just until cookies are set. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Combine the butter and 2 cups of powdered sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Mix on low speed until the butter and sugar are mixed. Speed up the mixer.
- Add in the milk and mix to incorporate.
- Slowly (and carefully) add the raspberry extract and food coloring; continue to mix until the frosting is light and fluffy. Add more powdered sugar to reach the desired consistency.
Use the Raspberry buttercream to frost a cookie and top with another cookie.
McCormick offers several types of extracts and seasonings to get your next bake sale noticed. Be sure to connect with them:
- McCormick Website
- McCormick on Facebook
- McCormick on Twitter
- McCormick Bake Sale Board Contest on Pinterest
Prize: McCormick Baking Creativity Kit, including everything you need to be inspired year-round, like spices, extracts, food colors, baking tools and tip sheets. This prize pack is valued at $75.00. Enter the contest using the form below – make sure you pin the yummy cookie as part of the giveaway!
For more chances to win be sure to check out the other cookie and brownie recipes below. Each has their own giveaway for even more chances to win the McCormick Baking Creativity Kit.