Don’t waste time deciding what to make for dinner. We’re taking the guesswork out of it and gathering the best recipes from around the blogosphere to help you create a meal sure to please the taste buds. Feel free to mix it, change it, rearrange it to suit your family. We’ve also found some side dishes and desserts to make it a complete meal! We’d love to know how it turned out as well, feel free to e-mail us with your input and your own recipes.
Sunday: Made With Love
Sunday is traditionally the day of big meals that all include the same special ingredient: Love! Treat your family with a feast made with love (and other delicious ingredients) from the options below.
- Turkey Meat Loaf – Healthy and delicious – what more could you ask for?!
- Chicken and Dumpling Casserole – In the south, Chicken and Dumplings is a regular Sunday dinner. Enjoy it with a twist.
- Grilled Salmon with Tomato Peach Salsa – This sounds amazingly flavorful.
Monday: Make it Meatless
You don’t have to be a vegetarian to enjoy a meatless meal. You don’t even have to tell the family there’s no meat in any of the options below!
- Spinach and Chickpea Stew – This is also a crock-pot dinner!
- Tamale Pie – Enjoy an ethnic meal without the meat!
- Pierogi with Greens & Mushrooms – A delicious meatless all in one meal!
Tuesday: Take a Break
Even those parents who love being in the kitchen all day can use and appreciate a break. Take it easy today and choose an easy recipe that allows you to take a break from cooking all day but still provides your family with a healthy meal.
- Bananas Foster French Toast – Breakfast for dinner is quick, easy and a great way to mix things up a bit. Pair it with other favorite breakfast foods to make it a complete meal.
- Heat up leftovers and take the rest of the day off!
- Make it a fend for yourself dinner. Let everyone pick and prepare their own meal (within reason, of course.)
Wednesday: One Dish Wonders
Isn’t it great to have a home cooked meal without a sink full of pots and pans afterwards? Give your dishwasher a break with a One Dish Wonder from the list below.
- Baked Potato and Ham Soup – Very simple and full of flavor!
- Southwestern Egg Rolls – Although egg rolls aren’t usually a main course – these definitely could be.
- Taco Pizza – You read that right! Combine 2 favorites for a fun night.
Thursday: Taste the World
Ethnic foods are a great way to introduce your family to new cultures and traditions. Take tonight to savor in a dish from another country and maybe throw in a history lesson on the side!
- Healthy Beef & Bean Enchiladas – These would make a great Finger Food night as well!
- Cuban Beef Over Rice – Think chili only better!
- Beef & Snow Pea Stir Fry – Yum!
Friday: Fun With Finger Foods
If you have picky eaters they’ll definitely enjoy tonight’s dinner! Forego the silverware and enjoy a night of finger foods (napkins optional.)
Saturday: Slow Cook It
Ah the wonders of a slow cooker. You have the benefit of a “cooked all day meal” without the hassle or mess. Treat yourself to another break by choosing one of the dinner ideas from below.
- Pulled Chicken – Yum!
- Cream Cheese Chicken – So simple and sounds delicious.
- Creamy Mexican Chicken – have you caught on to the slow cooked chicken theme this week?!
Most dinner’s need a side dish. Here are a few suggestions to get you started.
And what dinner is complete without dessert?! Help yourself to a sweet treat from below to make your night time routine complete.
- Easy Chocolate Chip Cake
- Chocolate Mint Brownies
- Tangy Key Lime Bites
- Reese’s Brownie Mini Trifle
- Golden Oreo Mini Cheesecakes
- Strawberry Cake
- Skinny Coconut Cupcakes
If you have a recipe you think would make a great addition to our weekly meal plan, drop us an e-mail and we’ll include it in the upcoming weeks!