My family has a few foods that are considered traditions – Nana’s Baked Corn and Baked Pineapple are my favorites; no holiday meal is complete without them! Tonight I made a ham which is an excellent accompaniment to my Baked Pineapple and I decided I would share my recipe. It’s very easy to make and the kids love it!
- 2 15.5 oz. cans of crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of white granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tbsp. butter sliced into thin tabs
- Pour the juice from one can of pineapple into a cup/jar and add the cornstarch to the jar. Stir until mixed well and there are no lumps.
- Add the cornstarch/pineapple mix and the other can of pineapple to a large bowl.
- Beat the eggs into the mix with a wire whisk.
- Stir in the baking soda, vanilla, sugar and 1 tbsp. of cinnamon.
- Mix well and pour into a casserole dish.
- Top with remaining cinnamon and spread thinly slice butter tabs over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
*Please forgive the pictures; my son has hidden my camera somewhere and I was stuck using his 3DS.*