Deep Fried Oreos Recipe
Summer isn’t my favorite season – I hate the heat. There are a few things I like about it though: the beach, cookouts and carnivals. This year the carnival has gotten to be very expensive, so I decided to make one of my favorite carnival treats at home using my Deep Fried Oreos Recipe! If you have never had these, you sure are in for a treat. They are not healthy, they are not low-fat, but they sure are yummy. Here’s how I make them:
- Vegetable oil for your deep fryer
- 1 1/4 cups of milk
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- Pack of Oreos
- Powdered Sugar (optional)
Other things you’ll need:
- A deep fryer or something similar
- A big sweet tooth
- Someone to console you after you’ve indulged yourself!
What you do:
- Whisk the milk and eggs together.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Beat the flour mix into the egg mix and beat until smooth.
- Toss an Oreo in the mix, coat it well on both sides
- Place the Oreo in the deep fryer.
- When the Oreo is floating and golden brown (2-4 minutes) remove from the oil and place it on a paper towel lined plate.
- Continue this until you have your desired amount of Oreos. I usually drop 4-5 Oreos at a time.
- If you want, sprinkle the powdered sugar on top and eat them while they’re still warm.