This post was sponsored by Ling Ling, all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
It has been a LONG crazy week already. Yes, I know it’s only Tuesday, but the weekend was very busy so it almost felt like we didn’t have one. Not that ANY week in a working single mom’s life feels slow and relaxing! This is one of those weeks (we all have them!) where the last question I want to be answering is “What’s for dinner?” Our busy lifestyle with working, school, and afterschool activities can leave us with our hands up at 7pm and ordering pizza or takeout Chinese. To avoid this on weeks where it’s SO busy, I try to do whatever I can to get a hot homemade meal on the table – thus enters the crockpot!
My family LOVES Chinese food and other Asian cuisines, so this is one of our favorite things to cook. I was really excited to find new Ling Ling Asian Style Fried Rice at my local Tops! There are five unique dishes based on authentic Asian recipes: Yakitori Chicken, Yakiniku Beef, Thai-Style Chicken, Chinese-Style Vegetable, and Bibimbap Beef. They all looked so tasty that I couldn’t choose just one!
I wanted to try out the Chinese-Style Vegetable Fried Rice first, because that’s something my girls and I ALWAYS order when we get Chinese take out! It’s one of our favorites!
Ling Ling Fried Rice is super easy to cook (and FAST) so I wanted to pair it with a yummy homemade crockpot sweet and sour chicken. This recipe is SO easy and is really tasty – prep work only takes about 20 minutes!
- 1 20 oz can pineapple chunks, drained, juice reserved
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 large chopped onion
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic (I use pre-prepared for this recipe because you can't tell the difference and it's fast!)
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger (same here- I use pre-minced since it's going in the crockpot!)
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 corn starch
- Ling Ling Chinese-Style Vegetable Fried Rice
- Place the carrots and onion in the slow cooker. Add the chicken.
- In a bowl, mix the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar and reserved pineapple juice. Stir together and add to crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 9 hours. Turn heat to high, and add pineapple. Pull half a cup of liquid out of the crockpot, and stir with corn starch until well blended, and return to crockpot. Cook for 20 minutes on high heat.
- Serve over Ling Ling Chinese-Style Vegetable Fried Rice and ENJOY!
Guys, this recipe is SO EASY and is absolutely delicious. Both me and my girls LOVED the Ling Ling Fried Rice – it was so flavorful. That’s because Ling Ling uses an infusion cooking method so that each grain of rice is infused with Ling Ling signature sauces! I snuck a bite (okay several bites) before adding the chicken, and it’s SO good! It totally stands on its own as a yummy and flavorful dinner!
I definitely could not tell the difference between Ling Ling and my favorite takeout – Ling Ling definitely made staying in taste like going out! And it was SO good paired with the sweet and sour chicken!
I can’t WAIT to try the other versions – I love Korean food so the Bibimbap Beef sounds SO great! I had actually never had Bibimbap until I saw it on a cooking show and now it’s one of my favorite Asian dishes so I just know I am going to love it!
You HAVE to try Ling Ling Fried Rice – you won’t be disappointed and your local Chinese takeout place may feel the hit! Grab a Ling Ling Fried Rice coupon here so you can try it – you can save $2 off one box!
Which flavor of Ling Ling Frozen Fried Rice will you try first? Let us know what you will pair it with in the comments below!