Combat Aging Hair with The Living Proof Timeless Collection at Ulta

This post was sponsored by Ulta as part of a Blog Blast Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.

There was a time, not too long ago, when I highlighted my hair and went to the salon for the fun of it, or for a haircut.  These days, trips to the salon occur every more frequently, as the number of gray hairs seem to exponentially increase as I tilt over my mid-thirties (I turn 36 this weekend!).  With increased trips to the salon, my hair is now officially “color treated” and it gets beat up fairly frequently at home as well, between blow drying, straightening, and curling.

livingproof

Because I’m aging (and so is my hair), I was super excited to try out The Living Proof Timeless Collection, which you can get only at Ulta Beauty (one of my fave stores on the planet).  The Living Proof Timeless connection helps us protect the investment we make at the salon!

There are four parts to the The Living Proof Timeless Collection:

living

The first part of the system is the pre-shampoo treatment.  You can leave this on anywhere from 5 minutes to overnight – what I liked about this is that it wasn’t greasy or sticky – this lets me keep it in my hair for much longer than I have been willing to leave in other products.  It has a nice smooth consistency and smells great.

And here’s the fun part – it has shampoo activated color seal technology to help preserve your color and UV absorbers to help protect your color (awesome for anyone who colors their hair), and it improves breakage by 85% AFTER ONE USE!!! How awesome is that!

The second and third parts of the system are the Living Proof Timeless Shampoo and Conditioner:

These help texturize your hair if it is dry and brittle, and they smell AMAZING.  Plus they are totally color safe and help preserve your color.

Finally, there is the Timeless Plumping Mousse…

This makes your hair look three time fuller, and makes your hair less prone to breakage, even if you heat style!

I can definitely say that I (and my hair) are in love with the Living Proof Timeless Collection, and I love that it gives me a reason to head to one of my fave stores, Ulta, because you can only get it there!  I will definitely be sticking with Living Proof, because I can definitely see the difference in my aging  older and wiser hair!

What signs of aging do you see in your hair that the Living Proof Timeless Collection could help you with?

Comments

These products sound wonderful. I really would love to try the plumping mousse. I tend to like mousse in my hair and I’m always looking for something to add volume.

2. Stacey says

I’m worried I’ll start seeing signs of aging hair soon and I’m not looking forward to it. Grey hair, and everything you said above, yuck. I’m glad they are making products to help with it!

I am always looking for some good hair care products – going to try this out thanks to your suggestion. Will let you know what i think!!

I think I found my first gray hair back in October. I was not happy about it and made a trip to dye my hair since then. I haven’t noticed if it returned yet, but I’m only 34. Eek!

I visit the salon every few weeks these day to color my hair. I never colored my hair until I started getting gray. I miss having healthy hair and plan to try these living Proof products.

I have highlights and lowlights in my hair so this product would be perfect for my hair.
    Not sure if there is grey in there or not and honestly I don’t even know what colour it’s supposed to look like anymore. LOL!! The things we do to try and look “young”

7. Angelic Sinova says

I’m actually a big fan of the Living Proof hair products, I just to use them a lot. I’ll definitely have to check out The Living Proof Timeless Collection.

I have such dry and damaged hair. Part of it I’m sure is that I color a lot – plus I use curling irons because without it, the hair shaft just is completely frizzed out. Vicious cycle. I have yet to go with anything super high-end (though I did get a pricier spray and it’s so much better than the average brands) but I may try these. Ulta has it all.

9. Kita says

I use a similar system for natural hair. I think preshampoos as well as deep conditioners make all the difference plus keeping up with getting your hair trimmed.

I’m pretty loyal to my shampoo brands, but glad you found something that works for you. These days I’m lucky if I can even wash my hair once a week with a newborn at home… thank goodness for dry shampoo!

I need these products really bad! My hair is highlighted, lowlighted and over processed. I’ve been getting my hair colored for so long that I have no clue what my real color is. :) Can’t wait to try these products!