This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TeamPizza #CB#CollectiveBias
It’s that time of year! Just last night my husband and I stayed up wayyyy too late watching the biggest college football game of the year (which neither of our teams were playing in, but still!). And there are still a TON of awesome games left this year, and some killer football parties coming up. Whether you are hosting for a crowd, or just a rowdy family, having the perfect game food is a must. So I was super excited to head to Target to pick out Red Baron’s Pizza, Edwards Pies and the ingredients to create a really yummy side dish for you guys so you can be the hit at your next football party. Also, be sure to check out the awesome savings on their Cartwheel app – it’s SO easy to use and the savings really do rack up!
If there’s anything that goes great with pizza, it’s chicken wings, right? So I created an awesome Blue Cheese Buffalo Chicken ring – looks yummy, huh! And here’s the secret – it’s not hard at all! With Red Baron already making hosting football parties an easy, convenient option, this easy show-stopper will wow your party guests!
I’ll walk you through how to make it, because it seems hard (but trust me it’s not) – and make sure to save the recipe below. Start by mixing up your filling – this part is easy. It’s filled with yummy goodness of cream cheese, blue cheese, and a Colby Jack cheese mixture, plus chicken and wing sauce….sounds good already doesn’t it?? Here’s the part that sounds hard but isn’t. You build your ring by arranging 16 crescent rolls in a sunburst shape…make sure to do it on the surface you will be cooking on. I use a pizza stone:
The cover the widest part of the ring with layers of cheese, your mixture, and more cheese. It doesn’t have to be perfect or pretty.
Now here’s the fun part…grab the ends of the crescent rolls and pull them over the mixture – covering it. There will be gaps, which is fine. You may have to kind of tuck in the ends or push a little bit to get the ends to stay – this is okay too. This will all look great after you cook it!
Then, you bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let it cool a little and then slice to serve!!!! Sooooo yummy!
Combine this with your yummy Red Baron pizza and Edwards Chocolate Cream Pie, and you have the perfect recipe for a great party. Red Baron pizza is so yummy – I especially love their crust! And the Chocolate Cream Pie…let’s just say that everyone wanted more than one piece!
- 16 oz crescent rolls (16 rolls)
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 3 cups Colby Jack/Monterey mixed cheese, divided
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup Buffalo wing sauce (I use Frank's)
- Mix the cream cheese, the blue cheese salad dressing, the chicken, chicken wing sauce, and 1 cup cheese mixture together in a bowl.
- On a pizza stone or cookie sheet, arrange all 16 rolls in a sunburst pattern, leaving a hole in the middle. You can put a small bowl there to help you make it even.
- On the center of the ring, cover the widest part of the ring with 1 cup cheese. Spoon the filling over the top of the cheese. Top with the remaining cup of cheese.
- Pull the ends of the crescent rolls to the middle, covering the filling mixture. There will be gaps - this is fine!
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes until the crescent rolls are golden brown.
How do you celebrate big football games? What are your favorite football foods that you can save on at Target?