Back to School with College Ave Student Loans

Tracking PixelWhen I decided to tackle a graduate degree I did so with kids down the hall and a supportive spouse. In fact, the easiest part of the back-to-school decision was choosing a school and major, along with gaining the support of my family. The next part I knew would be a challenge, but I wanted to invest in myself, and in my future. When a kid goes to college there are options aplenty, but when a grownup goes there are bigger considerations. How do you pay for expenses? What about living expenses? Sure it’s only a couple of years, but we want to be able to take care of our families in the meantime, so I started looking for student loan options.  I know how intimidating the process can be at times, which is why I was excited when College Ave Student Loans sponsored a post, so I could spread the word that there is a different, and easier way to go.

CA-SL_TMLogo_Sml

Like most students, I started with Graduate PLUS loans because that’s what the school financial aid people suggested. That is not always a user-friendly activity, and the information that I was provided regarding what my repayment options would be were limited at best. I am getting my master’s in Marriage and Family Therapy, not business or finance, so numbers aren’t really my interest or strong suit. Still, I knew that there had to be a better option – somewhere – but it’s hard to know where to start to look.

College Ave Student Loans are a wonderful alternative to the Graduate Federal Direct PLUS Loans – they are the leading online marketplace lender of student loans.. They offer qualified grad students savings that can run into the thousands versus the Federal Direct Plus program. In fact, for credit-qualified graduate students, College Ave offers a lower fixed rate of interest than the Federal Direct Plus loan and (my favorite), College Ave doesn’t charge customers origination fees.

Another thing I really like about College Ave Student Loans is that they help customers explore their choices. They have graduate student loan calculators that are tailored to loan shoppers. This lets you compare the College Ave Student Loans to the Federal Direct PLUS program. You can even confirm if your credit score will qualify for the program, and let you know what rates you can personally expect from College Avenue Student Loans, with a free credit-pre-qualification tool on the site.  It’s really, really easy to use, and only takes a few minutes.

College Ave Student Loans is a refreshingly straightforward and reputable online marketplace lender of student loans. College Ave Student Loans has simplified the student loan experience so students can get on with what matters most: preparing for a bright future.  And when it comes to student loans, simple is AWESOME!

CollegeAve

By specializing in student loans, College Ave is able to give its customers the attention they deserve and deliver loans that are simple, clear, and personalized for the individual. How refreshing of an approach is that? I know I wish that I would have had a simpler, clearer way to start out my graduate degree program!

Have you considered returning to school to complete a graduate degree? What do you think the toughest part will be?

This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of College Ave Student Loans.

Comments

College Ave Student Loans sounds like a great option for students. We have been saving a little for the kids College funds. School is so expensive now i can not imagine what it will be in 10 years. I will have to share this with my friends with kids about to go to College.

Going back to school is such a major accomplishment. For a loan to have such a great interest rate is unheard of! I am so happy that you have been able to find something like this to assist in furthering education.

3. michele d says

Never heard of this until now. My son is in college and I bet he would be interested in learning more about it. I’ll be sure to let him know. Thanks for sharing this information.

I am hopefully going back to university this summer to do a masters and one of my major concerns was finance and here in the UK post grad you do not really get funding. I am lucky my company will help me pay for it.

5. Fi Ní Neachtáin says

I’m lucky that I didn’t have to pay anything for university as we have grants available here in Ireland. I can’t imagine how difficult it must be to graduate university and have a load of crippling student loan debt to deal with. This sounds like a good option for those who can manage their finances well.

It’s a nice consideration given that the interest rates are so low. The government ones usually win out so it’s surprising to hear that this even beats that. Student loans take such a toll on our kids, so anything we can do to help minimize that is great.

I just enrolled in college this week and the whole financial aid situation has me so stressed out. I had to apply for two different kinds of student loans and that process was even more confusing. I’m gonna look into this a bit more right now.

I am like you – numbers and loan stuff are not my strong suit. I just went with whatever loan they gave me without doing research. When I go back to finish my graduate studies I’m definitely going to do my research.

It is great that these types of services exist. Post secondary education can be nearly impossible financially, I know I would not have been able to afford it on my own.

I’ve thought about the possibility of returning to school for a graduate degree but it didn’t take long for reality to sink in that it wasn’t the path for me. I applaud you for going after a Graduate degree. It’s good to know that there are other loan options out there that wasn’t around when I first graduated from college.

This is something new to me. I’ve always thought that the Federal loan is the best way to go, but I’ve heard a lot of bad story about it. So it is great to know that there are better alternatives.

Kudos for going back to school. I’m glad you found something to help you out. No, I have no interest in going back for another degree at this point in my life.

Our daughter is a junior in high school. We’ just started making a notebook of tips and things to remember for next year to prepare her for college. It’s just getting here so fast!

I’ve never heard of College Ave student loans, but it sounds like a fabulous loan program! There are so many features that make it so much easier and more convenient for the student. I was fortunate not to take on any debt during grad school. I will pass this info on to my cousin, who is in grad school now.

I am so glad I read this! I have just took the plunge and decided to continue my education as well. I had no idea how I could fund this… until now! I have to agree picking a major is so much easier than navigating student loan options!

Very nice to know! It can be so confusing to search for student loans, and you just have no idea where to start or what will best serve you. I am gearing up to go back to school so I will check this out.

Thank you for sharing this informative post on College Ave Student Loans. I work full-time and have taken the benefit of our company in trying to pay for my masters level courses, but this is a slow way of getting a degree as the benefit can only get me probably 2 to 3 classes a year. So I may look into College Ave for a faster alternative to covering the costs.

18. Anita Fonte says

Congrats on going back to school. I did’t know that the process for financial aid for adults was complex. I thought you would just apply from the recommendations from the school and that was it. It is true that the process for kids is easier but with this information it should be shared with all that want to pursue there dreams of going to college.

This is an awesome resource for people still in the higher education system! College is so shockingly expensive, it’s amazing that anyone can afford it. I don’t think I could go back to school, the thought of homework, and tests gives me anxiety, but there are definitely things I’d love to become better at and want to take some courses in.

I have been thinking of going back to school myself, but the financial part is keeping me from doing that. Repayment on loans isn’t really an option for me either so it makes it virtually impossible. But for someone who can make it work for them, this looks like an interesting option.

Who knows, one day I may figure everything out & make going back to school work, so I’ll definitely keep this idea handy :D Thanks for offering the info.