Our Favorite Season with Smucker’s PB & J #MyPBJMoment

* We are being being compensated by Smucker’s for participation in this campaign through the Mom It Forward Blogger Network, but all opinions are our own!

(3 of 1)-17

Fall time has arrived in Western New York, and around here, fall means a lot of different things – pumpkins, sweater weather, and maybe most significantly – FOOTBALL!!!!  My husband and I are both huge college football fans (yes, there is an in-home rivalry) and we do love our hometown pro-football team! Chances are on any given Saturday or Sunday, you’re going to find a game on.  As a result, our girls are really getting into football as well.  So it’s no surprise that football carries over into the week, and into our lunches!

My youngest daughter loves, loves, loves making her own PB&J sandwiches for lunch – we always have a variety of Smucker’s Fruit Spreads in the house, because the girls love their fresh, fruity taste and I love the variety that I can offer them. So when Katie wanted to make football-themed PB&Js this week, I knew Smucker’s Concord Grape and Red Raspberry would be perfect, as they are pretty close to our hometown teams’ colors (I could have run out to get Smucker’s Blueberry spread for a perfect match, but we always have Smucker’s Grape Jelly on hand!).

(3 of 1)-18

Having our football themed PB&J moment was super easy – Katie just made her sandwich like normal, and then used a cookie cutter to cut football helmets out of her sandwich (an awesome way to get rid of the crusts she’s not a huge fan of too!)

(3 of 1)-19

Aren’t they cute??  This is such a fun and simple way to enjoy our favorite PB&J Sandwich and celebrate our love of all things fall and football!

(3 of 1)-20

Katie was certainly excited to take her football helmet PB&J sandwiches in her lunch!

(3 of 1)-21

What are your favorite things about fall?  What is your favorite flavor of Smucker’s Fruit Spreads, and how do you eat your Smucker’s?

Comments

I love strawberry Smuckers and like to eat it in a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Sometimes, I will spread it on crackers with peanut butter. When I was younger, I just used to eat jelly or jam on toast with melted butter.

2. CourtneyLynne says

Awwww what cute sandwiches!!! My daughter is all about snickers grape! She brings it for lunch afew times a week!

There’s a lot of things that I love about fall – beautiful foliage, pumpkins, Halloween, etc. But we’ve never tried Smucker’s yet. Going to check that out.

These are such a great idea. Would be a great way to get young ones involved too. I wish I had thought of doing something like that when my children were younger. So many great ideas.

Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwichs area staple in our home and we too love cutting them out in shapes! They are just the perfect on the go treat for any time of year!

I love my smuckers on toast or on pb and j! My daughter takes her lunch every day. I wish I could get her to eat a peanut butter jelly sandwich. She makes lunch packing difficult. Especially when this mom leaves pb and j like I do!! lol

These are so cute, I would love to create little football helmet sandwiches for my family. They would be great for sending to school and also for parties. I will have to pick one of these up and of course some of that tasty jelly, too! I always loved peanut butter and jelly sandwiches growing up, it was my favorite!

Oh my gosh these are great ideas for sandwiches! Football is one of my husband’s favorite sports; I may have to send him some football sandwiches. Love how excited she is for her sandwiches!

There is nothing better then a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. If you can’t have homemade jelly, Smuckers is the next best thing! I love the wide variety of flavours it comes in and the ingredient list is awesome!! Those are really cute football helmet cut outs!

This is so funny to me. PB & Jelly Sandwiches is on the “menu” for tomorrow’s meal. Except, I’m going to make about 12 sandwiches. It’s our airplane food – especially when we are flying internationally and on a 10-15hr journey back home to our home province of Newfoundland (we’re in California now). I can’t wait to dig in, haha – already bought the bread this afternoon, and the PB /Jelly is coolin’ in the fridge :)

I love Smuckers as they are a company who have kept the quality in their products so I continue to trust buying anything with their name on the label I love your football theme and it always makes things fun when everything has a theme.