Ace Snack Time with Farm Rich!

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BackYourSnack #CollectiveBias

(3 of 1)-5

With school in full swing now, and with my eldest playing volleyball, our schedules are, in a word, BANANAS.  We are constantly on the go!  With having a long drive to school in the morning, my eldest and I get up at 5 am, and often don’t get home until 6:30-7:00 after practice.  By that time, everyone is starving – especially on game days!  So we have found that it’s absolutely imperative to have a pre-dinner snack ready to go.  Luckily, Farm Rich has launched their Back Your Snack recipe contest!  Starting on Thursday October 8th, October 9th, and Sunday October 11, you can vote in-store at Walmart for the finalists, and pick up some AWESOME snack ideas featuring your favorite Farm Rich products.  Click here to find the closest Walmart store to you where you can find demos and vote for your favorite snack recipe!

I was inspired by Farm Rich’s Back Your Snack contest to create my own quick, easy snack that would be PERFECT for after volleyball games but that wouldn’t be too filling and ruin suppers.  And of course, it needed to incorporate some aspects of volleyball!  I started by picking up some of my favorite Farm Fresh products at Walmart for inspiration, along with some Walmart fresh bell peppers, and a great package of pre-sliced peppers and onions (hello, time saver!).

farmrich

If there is anything that I have learned as a mom, is that kids will eat practically ANYTHING if it comes on a stick.  Seriously.  Anything.  Put lima beans and Brussels sprouts on a stick and there’s at least a 50% chance they will go down the hatch.  So I knew a skewer would be a huge hit with my daughter.  And what better a tool to create a volleyball-themed snack than Farm Rich Original Meatballs!  I started by popping the meatballs into the oven, while I made a yummy dip.  This is so easy, but tasty, and I made with ingredients I already had at home!

(3 of 1)-2

Start by emptying a small container of sour cream into a bowl.  Mix in a pre-made ranch dip mix – easy right?  But kick it up a notch!  I add 4-5 drops of Tabasco sauce that gives it some punch kick, a little garlic powder, and some cracked pepper!  This really amps up the flavor but adds about 30 seconds to prep – by the time you are done with your dip, your meatballs will be ready to go!

(3 of 1)-4

Start your skewers with a meatball.  I then layered on green pepper, because I wanted to surprise my daughter with her school team colors – green and white – after a winning game day!  Serve your skewers with your dip, or you can put a little dab of dip on each meatball to give the look of a volleyball, if you’ve got a volleyball kiddo (even if you don’t these are REALLY good snacks!!!)

(3 of 1)

Don’t forget to stop into your favorite Walmart store and vote starting on Thursday, and check out the full rule book here!  The prizes are pretty awesome – the winner of the recipe contest will receive $10,000!!!  But don’t worry Back Your Snack voters – there are also going to be 5 winners in the voters “sweepstakes”, which has some pretty sweet prizes including a tote bag, a meat thermometer, grilling tongs, an oven sheet, an oven mitt, $50 worth of Farm Rich product coupons and a $50 Walmart Gift Card. The ARV of each Sweepstakes Prize is $140!  That’s a pretty good incentive to stop in to Walmart and cast a vote for your favorite Farm Rich snack recipe!

My daughter LOVED her Farm Rich meatball skewers (especially because they were in her school colors), and I loved them because they were fast, easy and tasty to prepare, and let me focus on getting dinner started without constant questions about when everyone would be fed!!!  With a quick snack all ready to go, my daughter was more than happy to sit and work on her homework while I worked in the kitchen!  Farm Rich snacks save the day!

What snack would you create with Farm Rich products?

(3 of 1)-3

Comments

I’m definitely going to have to pin this recipe. I love appetizers,,, hubby too. Sometimes I make three or four different appetizers for supper… and then that’s all we eat. hahahaha It fills us up and it’s so good. This one will be next on the agenda for sure. Thanks for sharing.

2. Birdiebee says

What a great looking snack that my whole family would like as we are real fans of meatballs. Looking at this is making me hungry too late in the evening.

3. CR Williams says

These looks so good! I know my daughter and hubby would love this! It would be great after school snack for her,

4. CourtneyLynne says

Farm Rich snacks are the best! We always buy them on Sunday’s during football season. Nothing better than yummy snacks and football ;-)

I love Farm Rich snacks and man, do those kebobs look delicious. I love the idea of the sauce you made. That sounds so refreshing a tasty! I think I am going to have to add these to my menu.

6. Rosey says

That was fun to incorporate the school colors. I think skewers are always a good idea, and we love Farm Rich products.

These are perfect for even single-people living alone. Kinda like me. Ha ha! I’m actually married but my husband gets fed his 3 meals a day at work. So I’m home sorta not cooking, sorta snacking. I think these healthy alternatives would help me feel a lot better though. I LOVE those meatballs (we buy them all the time).

I recently tried their Jalepeno Poppers and they were so good! I need to add more protein to the kids’ snacks after school – I will have to steal your idea and make some fun meatball skewers…. my kids school colors are blue and white so I’ll have a bit of a challenge to make it related to their school but this will be a good way to change it up either way.

9. Kathy says

I love Farm Rich products. I buy them once in a while. I think I’m going to pick some of them up the next time I go shopping. They make great snacks.

10. Tom says

My kids would love these as a snack. They always come home hungry for whatever reason, so this should fill them right up!!

I learned something very valuable from this post: kids will eat anything on a stick. I had some fruit on a stick the other day in my classroom and the kids gobbled it up. I think from now on in my classroom I will always throw healthy food on a stick.

It sounds like your family is very busy with a lot of fun things going on. It sounds like Farm Rich’s products have helped keep your routine more organized and less stressful. I would love to try those skewers with that dip. Thank you for sharing.

I love these products, they make it so easy to whip up a delicious snack or meal anytime! MY daughter would enjoy this recipe the most and I think I will have to make it for her soon. Thanks for sharing this tasty meal idea!

It’s very interesting to see the differences between American and European eating habits. I’m an American, but I’ve lived abroad for over five years now, and that looks more like a meal than a snack to me. I’ve never been more fit, but I do miss the convenience of the frozen and prepared foods that are available in the US. That culture just doesn’t exist in Denmark.

That is definitely a much healthier snack than a bag of chips or cookies, which is what I bet most people would grab if they were hungry and couldn’t wait for dinner.

And for Halloween you can swap out the dip to Marinara sauce or something to make it ghoolish.

That looks delicious and so easy to make! My kids would gobble that up!! I’ll have to look for it next time i’m in my freezer section.

I love snack time it’s so hard to come up with healthy and good snacks these days I normally do crackers and let them put peanut butter on it or do a nutrigrain bar but this sounds much better

Those look yummy! We have Farm Rich in the store by us so I need to check these out. I have not seen the meatballs one that one looks the best to me.

Those skewers look awesome! I try to have healthy snacks on hand for my kids and myself. These look great to add to what I make during the week!

20. Robin Rue (@massholemommy) says

I am going to pick up some Farm Rich snacks this weekend. I love things like this that are tasty and easy!