Need a Light Summer Dinner? Try Mango Goat Cheese Flatbreads & Ready Pac Bistro Bowls!

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.  #bistrobowls4me #CollectiveBias

It’s so warm and humid this time of year, some days the last thing that I want to do is crank up the oven or even heat up the stove! Especially if I’ve had an evening run, I want a evening meal that is light and fresh, but at the same time PACKED with flavor.  While I’m making efforts to be healthier and make better food choices, I don’t want to sacrifice flavor – I love food wayyyy to much to do that!  I do a LOT of my shopping at Wegman’s, especially during the summer, because they have one of the largest selections of organic and locally grown vegetables of all the stores in my area.  As I was checking out their organic section, I found the entire line of Organic Ready Pac Bistro Bowl Salads!

Wegmans

They all looked amazing, but I wanted to try the Organic Cranberry Walnut Ready Pac Bistro Salad – I love the tangy punch that cranberries give to a salad!

These salads are amazing by themselves- they are definitely going to make it into my lunch rotation!  They come with everything you need (including a fork) and these salads are ANYTHING but boring…mine came with cranberries, walnuts, sliced almonds, feta cheese, and a raspberry vinaigrette! YUM!!!!

But after a run, I’m usually pretty hungry so I like to have something light to go along with my salad, so I whipped up some grilled Mango Flatbreads.  These are SO packed with flavor and are soooo simple to make, especially if you cheat like I do and grab pre-prepped ingredients from Wegman’s!  Instead of chopping my own onions, I pick up the prechopped onions to have in the fridge all week – they make easy garnishes with NO prep! I also grab  a pre-made Balsamic reduction, and pre-sliced mango (Wegman’s is the BEST!) but if you don’t mind spending the time you can make all of these things yourself.

Wegmans2

This is so easy to make on your grill – start by preheating on medium heat.  I use a grill pan, as this makes it easier for me to recover my ingredients if they roll off!  Lightly grill your flatbreads for about 1 minute on each side, and then top with about a teaspoon of onions – don’t overdo it because you aren’t caramelizing these so if you add to many your will have onion flatbreads!  Then, top with a nice amount (3-4 heaping tablespoons) of soft, crumbled goat cheese (Wegman’s sells this precrumbled as well!).  Keep grilling until the cheese is substantially softened and warmed – it shouldn’t melt all the way.   Then, top with a few chunks of ripe mango, and continue grilling.

Meanwhile, in a separate grilling pan, start head some baby spinach until it is lightly wilted.

Once your spinach is wilted, top your flatbreads, and you are basically done – time to take them off the grill!

When you get inside, drizzle with a little bit of balsamic reduction, and you are done!! I can make these in about 15 minutes, and you will be astonished how flavorful and yummy these are without being too heavy – they are PERFECT for Meatless Mondays!  And they paired PERFECTLY with my Organic Cranberry Walnut Ready Pac Bistro Bowl Salad!

There are so many types of Ready Pac Bistro Bowl Salads that you can try, so you are sure to find one that suits your taste!

• Chicken Caesar
  • Turkey and Bacon Cobb
  • Spinach Dijon
  • Chef
  • Cranberry Walnut
  • Chopped Kickin’ BBQ
  • Chopped Kale Apple Veggie
  • Caprese
  • Chopped Italian Style
  • Chopped Greek Feta (NEW!)
  • Santa Fe Style
  • Organic Caesar with Chicken
  • Organic Spinach with Chicken
  • Organic Southwest
  • Organic Cranberry Walnu

Which Ready Pac Bistro Bowl Salad would you pick up at Wegman’s and what would you pair it with?

Comments

1. Rosie says

What a nice way to take something ready made and make it special! I love this combination of ingredients and want to try it!

A mango flatbread sounds absolutely awesome! I just bought a few of these salads at my local grocery store. The turkey cobb and the chicken caesar are some of my favorites. It’s an easy lunch idea.

I have tried several varieties of these salads and they were all delicious, but what I really love is that many of them are organic. We try to feed our family healthy food as often as possible, so this is a great option for a quick meal! #client

Every time I see a new organic easy lunch or dinner I get so excited! That looks so good, and I’m in love with goat cheese so thank you for the snack idea!

this looks like it comes from a gourmet restaurant. I am definitely making the flatbread. I can’t get enough mango and I think I would love it with the goat cheese.

6. CourtneyLynne says

Omg is this looks absolutely delicious!!! These are exactly the types of meals I’m all about during the summer. Now only if I could get hubby to eat such yummy things!

This sounds so good! It would be perfect for a hot day too because it isn’t something that would take a ton of effort to make. Thank you!

This looks like the absolute perfect summer meal. I just had a flatbread and salad today for lunch…I’ve never had a mango and goat cheese combo but it sounds great. Can’t wait to try it!

9. Wendy says

When I’m in a hurry and running out of time is when I tend to eat horribly. These premade salads would be a godsend. They look delicious!

I love salad bowls! They’re a much healthier quick lunch than fast food (or even some of the fast food salads!). I just had a salad bowl for lunch today!

11. Stephanie C. says

I would never think of this combination – but it sounds delicious on a flatbread. Must try! I love those BistroBowls! I pick up a few every time I’m in Wegmans. The BEST lunch!

Mango and goat cheese is something I’ve never eaten together but it does sound good! Using salad bowls to make flatbread is such a quick, healthy and clever idea… very creative! This will be great for nights with little time to prepare a meal!

Those offering are very light and seem to be healthy as well. My spouse loves mango and can’t get enough of it during this season. I wonder if I could convince him to try the mango flat bread later this week. Maybe I will call it dessert.

I love picking up prepackaged salads like this, especially when we are traveling. I love this added side it looks delicious. I never would have thought to combine flat bread and mango like this.

That looks really good. I think mango and goat cheese are a great combination. I am always on the lookout for new recipes and this looks like something my family would love. I can’t wait to make this.

16. dia says

I will have to try this, I am not big on having savory mixed with sweet, but this looks really good. I like that this is something I can eat on nights when I work late and I don’t want to eat anything that is heavy.

I love summer time and I love summer food! Nothing says summer to me like mango! I love the idea of mango flatbread. It is so simple and easy to make yet so full of flavor! YUM!

18. MJ says

Oh yum to the mango flat bread. I love anything with mango in it as I am an island girl. This looks like a great light summer dinner. I would add a glass of white wine for sure.

I am really going to try this. I’m always looking for healthy alternatives and this definitely fits the bill. I already have the flatbread here, and like you said, it’s perfect for meatless Mondays!

Mango and Goat cheese? What a unique combo I have thought about cooking some new things to cook on the grill because I am tired of the ribs and chicken and this looks great.