South Shore Furniture Lets Kids Design Their Own Furniture!

Thank you to South Shore Furniture for hooking us up with a great opportunity and sponsoring this post to fill you in on great custom furniture.

Any time that we can find an outlet for expression for our kids, we are as excited as they are. Thanks to South Shore Furniture we got to see our 8-year-old light up with excitement while she decorated her own nightstand. That she was able to choose among the vibrantly colored, high-quality vinyl stickers to design her furniture was wonderful for her, and knowing that we can remove the stickers if her tastes change (without damaging the furniture) was great for us.

My husband assembled the piece in about 15 minutes with basic tools and limited mechanical ability, so it was an easy project on that end!

Our daughter took a little longer than that to apply her OTTOGRAFFit high-quality vinyl stickers because she wanted to design it to be PERFECT!

The stickers are completely removable, and beautifully colored. She had so much fun decorating this nightstand that now she wants more furniture to design!  She had NO trouble peeling the stickers and they were very easy to apply!

The versatility of the stickers makes it almost like getting two-pieces of furniture in one. She has the piece that she decorated now, but if she decides later that she doesn’t want all of the stickers on there, she can remove the ones she wants and effectively have a whole new nightstand. The furniture is so functional and perfectly sized for her room.

It’s affordable and fun. As soon as we gave her the stickers to decorate her nightstand she was focused on the art. Kids love to express themselves through artwork – and this project was so much fun for her. The unique designs were created exclusively for the Ottograff line, so you know your piece is exclusive to your home. Check out the headboards (for teenagers & adults), kids’ bedrooms, and even the nursery.

Head over to the South Shore Furniture site and check out the designs and furniture. Pick the pieces that match your imagination and then have fun with the whole family. You put it together, but the kids get to help decorate the furniture for their own room. Everyone wins!

Follow South Shore on their Facebook page, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter!

Comments

This is so special because it encourage the creativity of a child, and makes them feel like they are playing a big part in the decor of their room. Love the quality of the stickers too.

This is a great idea!!! Kids change their mind so much about what they like and don’t like that this is perfect for them to make their own!! Genius!!

3. Angelic Sinova says

How awesome is this? I would have LOVED to do this as a kid. My sister and I would always paint and decorate our dressers with stickers but this is so much better <3

Oh, how fun! I think my kids would get a big kick out of decorating their own furniture. They always want to help with EVERYTHING so this would be perfect.

What a cool concept! This really allows kids to embrace their individual style and create furniture pieces that they will love and cherish!

I would love to do this with some pieces in my kiddos bedrooms. How fun. My girls would love these ones especially. They love flowers and all things girly!

7. R U S S says

This isn’t just fun, but it’s also a good practice that will encourage kids to be creative and they’ll also take pride in something they’ve done. The designs of the stickers are nice which I think even adults would want to work on them.

South Shore Furniture site sounds amazing and I will have to tell my sisters along with my niece about it.. This sounds like an awesome idea for the kids to design their own furniture. I love her design she chose for her little nightstand. Thanks for sharing.

9. NYC SingleMom says

This is such a brilliant idea. My daughter would so enjoy being able to customize her own furniture.

What an awesome idea! I wish this existed when I was young. We actually threw out an old dresser today from when I was little, and it was COVERED in my personal sticker collection, lol.

11. Pam says

How much fun would it be for the kids to customize their own furniture? I know my kids would love it. I didn’t realize you could do this, but it is a great idea.

That is so cute! I wish little boys cared enough about furniture like this. We are in the super hero stages…which I hear lasts well into the teen years. :( I would love to decorate my own nightstand!

Oh that is so cute. I bet your daughter had a blast. I know my daughter would have. I am defiantly checking that link when leaving this page.

That’s the cutest piece of furniture! I like the stickers and that your daughter was able to do it herself. It really helps bring out the creative side in kids.

15. Nicole Dziedzic says

This is a great way to get kids to bring out the design style and express there creativity. I love that these can easily come off too so if they want to change it up later on. Very cool.