Making Homemade Pizza with Dexas
I absolutely love being in the kitchen but there are times it can be a little boring. Especially when it comes to prep work. My son is actually helping out in the kitchen now but a lot of the work still falls on me. We received a bunch of goodies from Dexas that has definitely perked up the kitchen and the prep work.
Part of the Dexas package included their Jelli® Boards. Oh my goodness, talk about adorable. I’m a sucker for color and the Jelli® Boards come in some very fun colors: Red, Purple, Blue and Green – all bold and vibrant. They also come in 3 different sizes: Small, Medium and Large. I love that since it gives you the ability to mix and match colors to really bring your kitchen to life. The boards are perfect for any chopping, like with my homemade pizza (we chopped onions and peppers.)
The Jelli® Chop and Scoop board is a dream come true for anyone trying to save time. Simply chop your veggies or whatever and scrape them right into the dish/pan. These come in Orange, Purple, Red and Green color choices. The edges of the Jelli® Chop and Scoop are raised so no matter how juicy or messy what you’re chopping is everything stays on the board.
The 16″ Pizza Board was just in time for pizza night. I love making homemade pizza but have always served it on the counter. The Pizza Board is a great solution to that as it keeps my counter from getting sauce and crumbs on it and it just looks so much better. I can’t wait to invite friends over for pizza night so that I can bring the pizza to them! I love how the board snaps into the stand and easily comes out. I can totally see this getting tons of use for non-pizza things too (like serving drinks and snacks for the kids!)
Yet another amazing item from Dexas is their Tortilla Warmer. This is a definite must have for anyone who ever serves tortillas, pancakes or any other flat bread. I don’t know about you, but I hate when these things get cold. With the Tortilla Warmer you can make sure their warm when you’re ready to eat.
We also received some kitchen tools like the 8″ spoonula, spatula and baster. Having so many Dexas products, especially those made in the USA, in my kitchen has really turned it into a place I can love again! The colors are fabulous and do so much for my moods! If you haven’t already you must check out Dexas and all the goodies they have available for your home.
How to Make Homemade Pizza
- 1 (.25 ounce) envelope active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 8 fluid ounces water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- small pinch crushed red pepper flakes (adjust according to taste preference)
- Dissolve the yeast in a small bowl with warm water. When it’s creamy it’s ready (usually about 10 minutes of sitting.)
- In a large bowl, mix together the remaining dough ingredients. When it’s all combine turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead it for about 10 minutes – until it’s smooth and elastic.
- Put the dough ball into a lightly greased bowl and cover with a damp paper towel or towel. Set it in a warm place for the next 30 minutes or until it’s doubled in size.
- For your pizza sauce, heat the oil in a medium size sauce pan on medium heat. Add in the diced onions and sauté until they’re translucent.
- Add in the tomato paste and water and stir to mix. Add remaining ingredients, stirring often.
- Allow the sauce to simmer for 30 – 45 minutes on low heat.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Split the dough in half and roll one half fairly thin. Place the dough on your pizza pan, allowing the dough to overhang the edges.
- Brush or spread the sauce over the crust, sprinkle generously with cheese and add your desired toppings. Grab the overhanging dough and roll up to form a crust. Pinch closed.
- Bake the pie for 15 – 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.