10 Tips to Decorate a Tween Boy’s Bedroom & Jaxx Beanbags Sofa Review
The inspiration for this 10 Tips to Decorate a Tween Boy’s Bedroom post came from the Jaxx Beanbags Saxx Jr. Lounger we received for review. All thoughts are my own.
My boy is on his way to becoming a man. Well, a teenager at least. As he gets older he starts to outgrow his old stuff, including his room decor. I recently found myself stuck on how to decorate a tween boy’s bedroom so I went to the source. I asked my son what he wanted as far as room decor and style goes. Together we came up with these 10 tips to decorate a tween boy’s bedroom.
The first thing I learned is that the most important factors of decorating any child’s room is to decorate according to their personality. In most cases boys want less pomp and pizzazz. Decorating for a tween of either gender should be done with storage space in mind. A couple of bookshelves, desk, nightstand, along with a dresser and closet is sufficient. Below you will find our 10 tips to decorate a tween boy’s bedroom.
10 Tips to Decorate a Tween Boy’s Bedroom
- Make the bed the focal point. Remember to choose a large bed to give them ample room for growth.
- Paint their room in a contemporary color, such as eggshell or a light beige color.
- Choose a contemporary pattern for bedding. Light colored bedding with small geometric designs would look nice and not too feminine.
- Choose a headboard that has some storage space, such as drawers or shelf space.
- Place a large piece of art or graphic design over their bed.
- Make sure that you have enough space for an entertainment stand to hold their video gaming system, TV, and stereo.
- Choose drapes or blinds that add some contrast to the room. Drapes should be light colored with a geometric pattern. Bamboo blinds make a wonderful choice, as they are light and airy and add some contrast.
- Throw pillows that are large and in solid colors of bright orange, green, red, or even blue, will add some contrast and also accentuate the bedding ensemble.
- Make sure to add some of their favorite sports memorabilia to the room to make it even more inviting.
- Tween & teen appropriate furnishings are a big hit. Bean bag chairs are especially cool and the beanbag sofa we received is even better!
Dameon’s room was in dire need of livening up. When we moved we decided to donate the kiddy stuff since he had outgrown it. We weren’t left with very much to work with which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. He has tons of space to move around now. The Beanbag Sofa Saxx Jr. from Jaxx was a perfect addition to his room. It filled in some of the void without taking away from his walking around space.
When you think of beanbags you probably think of those little round things you use to plop down on. The beanbag sofa we received is probably twice the size of those. Huge is an exaggeration, but pretty big is spot on. The most interesting part was the shipping. It came in an average size box and we didn’t really think it could turn into this pretty big beanbag sofa. But it did!
It took about 10 minutes of prep work and 6 hours of waiting and fluffing but eventually that little droopy bag turned into a fluffy bean bag sofa. It was just what my sons bedroom needed to take it from boring and ho-hum to fun and tweenish. He’s always showing it off to anyone who comes over and spends way more time in his room now – even without his electronics.
Now, even though he’s getting older he’s still a rough and tumbling boy; that’s no different with the beanbag sofa. He runs and jumps on it and at first that made me nervous. I’m use to the vinyl wrapped beanbags from when I was a kid. This beanbag sofa has a canvas exterior. Even better the actual stuffing is inside its own bag! Double protection and definite durability. I would be comfortable giving these beanbag sofas and chairs to the younger kids too. Especially since it’s essentially tamper proof (the directions instructed us to twist the zipper off so curious kids can’t go inside the bag(s) ).
I can 100%, without a doubt recommend Jaxx for all your beanbag needs. Whether you’re trying to update your tweens room or just want to give them a nice surprise. Be sure to check out the Jaxx Beanbags website and their new line of futons and indoor furniture too! Follow Jaxx Beanbags on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date on the latest deals, new products and more.