Country Style Pot Roast is on my list of all time favorite foods. As soon as the smell starts to drift through the house my mouth is watering. Sometimes I think the only reason I need a slow cooker is for this Pot Roast; it’s that good! However, it wasn’t until I received the 20-Cup Rice Cooker, Food Steamer and Slow Cooker for review that I realized all the cool things I could do with a slow cooker/food steamer/rice cooker.
For starters I can get rid of a few things that have been cluttering my cabinets and counter tops. No more gigantic steamer. No more awkwardly shaped crock pot. Even though we have a lot more room in our new home I’m not ready to give that all up because I still have too much stuff. With the Aroma 20-Cup Rice Cooker, Food Steamer and Slow Cooker I have 1 appliance that does the job of my older appliances.
The key thing I love about the 20-Cup Rice Cooker, Food Steamer and Slow Cooker is how well it fits on my counters. It’s not bulky at all and it’s so pretty! I know – a total girly thing to say, but it is! It’s all sleek and modern looking. Now – if only the rest of my kitchen looked this good!
I haven’t made 20 cups of rice (yet) but I know I will be soon for the holidays. I can’t wait to make a huge thing of rice pudding! And I know we’ll be using the food steamer function a lot since we’re a seafood loving family and everyone knows steamed seafood is a staple around here.
When I made my Country Style Pot Roast tonight everyone was raving and begging for more. John kept asking what I did differently since I make this often. He came to the conclusion that the Slow Cooker was the reason behind it being “the best pot roast he’s ever had”. I’m happy to share that honor with the Aroma 20-Cup Rice Cooker, Food Steamer and Slow Cooker, but I do have to take at least a little credit! (If you want to try my pot roast you’ll find the recipe below!!)
All in all I’m super happy with the Aroma 20-Cup Rice Cooker, Food Steamer and Slow Cooker. I wish I had left the other appliances behind when we moved, but I’m happy to pass them along to someone who can use them. I can’t imagine not having this in my kitchen and it has definitely helped to make our house a home. Did I mention it’s so very easy to use and digital? Well – it is!
If you’re ready to cut back on your kitchen clutter by eliminating an appliance or 2 then the Aroma 20-Cup Rice Cooker, Food Steamer and Slow Cooker is definitely for you. To learn more and to get your own Aroma 20-Cup Rice Cooker, Food Steamer and Slow Cooker Check out the Aroma Website. Be sure to try the recipe below with it and let me know if it’s so much better! One of you will also win your own Aroma 20-Cup Rice Cooker, Food Steamer and Slow Cooker to try it for yourself. Just enter using the form below.
Country Style Pot Roast Recipe
- 4 white potatoes, cut into chunks
- 5 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 3 medium onions, thick sliced
- 1 boneless roast (around 4 pounds)
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 whole cloves or 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Place vegetables in the bottom of a slow cooker. Sit the roast on top of the veggies
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except the cornstarch and 1/4 cup of water.
- Put the corn starch and 1/4 cup water In a jar or cup with a lid. Shake vigorously until it’s well blended.
- Pour the cornstarch/water mixture into the large bowl with the seasonings and water. Whisk well and pour over the meat in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-medium setting for 6 1/2 – 8 hours. OR Cook on high for 4 -5 hours.
- Remove meat to a serving platter and allow to sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes. Cut against the grain and serve with the veggies and broth.