If you can’t stand the heat then get out of the kitchen.
I think everyone has heard that statement but I’m here to tell you to ignore it. That’s right, ignore that statement because I’m about to turn your kitchen into a sauna. See, Kraft sent me a bottle of their Zesty Italian Dressing to sample for this review post thanks to Mom it Forward and that’s only the beginning. I mean that in the most bow chicka wow wow inspired way. This idea first popped in my head when I opened up my issue of Glamour to see this
hunk of meat gorgeous man laying on a picnic blanket. He’s best known as @theZestyGuy and he’s a frequent visitor in my dreams as of late. Get your minds out of the gutter, all we do is cook people, geez! Take a peek and see if he makes an appearance in your dreams too.
How can I ever look at my kitchen, or a bottle of Kraft Zesty Italian the same again? All I can think of when I go into my kitchen now is “darn, where did I put that picnic basket?” Okay, that’s an exaggeration but I am constantly eager to add that bit of zest to my food. Kraft is a total mind reader, or they put these thoughts in my head with this well thought out advertising – either way – they have some really great recipes on their website. Recipes that are sure to heat things up in any kitchen and leave you craving more. Recipes like this Zesty Italian Chicken Salad or the Primavera Pasta Toss which I made and added a few things of my own. Don’t worry, that’s not all – there are lots more Zesty Guy-approved Kraft recipes.
Zesty Italian Pasta Salad
- 1 box rotini pasta
- 1 cup Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
- 2 tablespoons diced pimento
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- handful of sliced black olives (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Toss the Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing along with the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and carefully turn the cooled pasta into the mix.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and serve with freshly shredded Parmesan.
Since I know you’re most likely feeling a little cheeky after this post I’ll let you in on something top-secret. Well, maybe not top-secret, but super awesome at least. You can send a personalized ZestyGram to share some of that zest and heat that’s stirring up in your kitchen. Something like this ZestyGram that should be banned – gorgeous guy + adorable pup? It’s just too much! I’ve never been so approving of exploitation as I am now.
So, um… back to Kraft’s Zesty Italian Dressing – ahem! This isn’t my first rodeo with the stuff, I’ve actually been using it for a while now. I love marinating chicken in it overnight then grilling it the next day. Talk about delicious! One bite and you’ll be like “ZestyGuy who?” It’s the perfect grill meal for any summer event. I also use it for pasta salad and, of course, my salads. You can’t go wrong with it. It’s just the right amount of zest and zing and full on flavor. If you need inspiration just watch “The Zesty Guy Gets Steamy” on YouTube!
- Answer the following question: How do you zest up your life? in the comments below and
- Send out a promotional tweet leading to your giveaway post as entry requirements for the giveaway. Be sure to include the campaign’s hashtag #GetZesty.