Household Goods: DIY & Save Money on
How much do you spend in a week, month or even a year on common household goods like laundry detergent, soap and hygiene products? Chances are it’s more than you think; the overall cost can actually be shocking. This is especially true if you have a larger family. In fact with a larger family you go through the household goods and money quicker.
Save Money on Household Goods
Check out these DIY money savers and see how much money you can save on your household goods. Forget buying tons (in some cases, literally) of detergents, soaps and skin care products. I’ve scoured the web to find some of the best “recipes” for these products. What’s even better is most of these are super easy to make and many use ingredients found around many homes.
DIY Laundry Detergent
- I love this super simple recipe for liquid DIY Laundry Detergent from blog.foodierachel.com
- If you’d prefer a powdered detergent, this DIY Laundry Detergent from howdoesshe.com seems great.
- These soaps from according-to-kelly.com are just too cute!
- I’m not sure DIY Soap gets any easier than these from bathnbody.craftgossip.com. You make them in the microwave!
DIY Lip Balm
- Just 2 ingredients and you have a yummy Kool-Aid lip balm thanks to justmarriedwithcoupons.com.
- This seems like a no fail recipe complete with photo directions for DIY Lip Balm from queenlila.com.
DIY Shampoo & Conditioner
- Such beautiful hair from using this DIY Shampoo from sevangelista.com.
- I go through a lot of conditioner so this recipe from myamericanconfessions.blogspot.com should save me a ton of money
Random DIY Household Goods
- If you want to save money on dishwasher detergent, this recipe from thecoffeyhouseblog.blogspot.com is pretty simple.
- If sensitive skin is an issue, these 6 DIY Soaps from curbly.com for sensitive skin will come in handy.
Now that you have the resources, what will you be making yourself? Do you have a round about estimate on how much money you’ll be saving in a week, month or even a year? I’m guessing it’s a pretty big savings and if not those pennies really do add up!
If I missed an awesome DIY household goods idea please let me know in the comments below.