Craft ideas for Valentines Day for adults don’t have to take a long time. While I love to craft, I don’t have hours to spend each day working on a large craft project. I prefer that the craft ideas for Valentines Day for adults I use don’t take a lot of time or a lot of expensive materials to create. This year, I created a simple Valentine’s Day sampler for my daughter using a bright pink, four inch embroidery hoop as a frame. This Valentine’s Day craft literally took me less than half an hour from start to finish. This is proof that craft ideas for Valentines Day for adults can be done in a short amount of time.
Craft Ideas for Valentines Day for Adults
- 1 4″ embroidery hoop. You can use either plastic or wood. If you choose plastic, look for pink or red to keep the Valentine’s Day theme.
- Pink or red felt to coordinate with whatever color embroidery frame you choose
- White embroidery floss & needle
- Piece of 28 Evenweve cross stitch fabric, 10% combed cotton
- 3/8″ ribbon in a coordinating color
- Separate the two halves of the embroidery hoop.
- Cut a piece of Evenweve cross stitch fabric that is slightly larger than the center of the embroidery hoop. Fit the hoop over the Evenweve fabric & tighten.
- Cut a heart shape from the felt that fits inside of the embroidery hoop.
- Using three pieces of embroidery floss and using a back stitch, create a heart shape about half an inch in from the outer edge of the heart. If you don’t know how to sew a back stitch, you can read these directions.
- If you want, you can sew a decorative button in the center of the felt heart to add visual interest. Or you can leave the center plain as a traditional embroidery sampler.
- Tie a piece of 3/8″ ribbon to the top of the embroidery hoop and use that to hang your Valentine’s Day sampler.
What types of craft ideas for Valentines Day for adults have you made as gifts?