What Women Want: 6 2013 Valentine’s Day Gifts
Valentine’s Day is the day to show your partner, spouse or loved one how special they are. It’s a day to gaze into each other’s eyes, exchange Valentine’s Day gifts and profess your undying love for one another.
While you can go with the “safe” gift of candy, flowers or a teddy bear, what women want is to see an effort. They want you to put thought into your gift. Unless she’s told you a heartwarming story of how her late grandmother kept orchids on the windowsill, or something similar avoid them.
If the relationship is new and you’re unsure of the end game, sure – go with a safe gift. Otherwise, we have some ideas to make your Valentine’s Day gifts shopping effortless.
The Perfect Valentine’s Day Gifts for Her
- Purses – Talk to her girlfriends and ask them what she likes. In most cases you want to avoid asking her mom because, well, mom’s aren’t always the best judge of fashion. When it comes to purses, Coach, Michael Kors and Kate Spade are usually safe, affordable choices. While spending over $200 on a purse may seem insane to you – she will appreciate it and it will last longer than a cheaper brand.
- As far as shoes go, look at those she already owns and take her personality into account. If she’s more business oriented you don’t want to get her sky high stilettos. A 2 inch heel with guaranteed comfort may work. Make sure you get the right size/width! There’s nothing like getting awesome shoes that you can’t wear.
As with purses, you want to go with a brand that is known for its quality – not the cheapest you can find.
- Jewelry – If she’s all about accessorizing, jewelry and/or scarves could be the perfect Valentine’s Day gifts. You don’t have to splurge big time, find pieces that fit her personality. Chunky bangles, gorgeous studs, infinity scarves – they are loved by many women!
One important thing to keep in mind when shopping for jewelry is allergies. Many people are allergic to nickel or other metals.
- Flowers, again, are a safe Valentine’s Day gifts choice. If you go this route make sure it’s something personal. Find out what her favorite flower is and put a lot of thought into the card.
- Sweets - This is a fine line. While most women love chocolate and candies they don’t always love the after effects. This close to New Year’s you don’t want to encourage her to break her Resolution. You also don’t want to get her something specifically low fat because that could send the wrong message. These Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries are very easy to make and pretty healthy too (not to mention they’re absolutely delicious!)
- A day off - Give her a break for the day and do the household chores. Wash the dishes, fold the laundry and prepare the meals. Pamper her and let her have a lazy day.
Well, these are my Valentine’s Day gifts ideas for 2013 – what are yours?