Potty Training Tip 4: Bribery Works
Yea, yea. I know – bribing your kids is wrong – but – in the case of potty training, bribery works and you’ll be thankful for it.
Offering candy, money or toys is a surefire way to get a child interested in something.
- Candy. Sugar free candies are fine too.
- Chocolate. Chocolate Chips, cookies etc..
- Coins. You could give them a penny, nickel, dime etc.. every time they use the potty. Start a potty piggy and deposit money every time they make a deposit.
- Stickers. Kids love stickers, it’s a proven fact. You can reward them with stickers for a chart or for their hands; whichever they prefer.
- Toys. The Dollar Tree has bags of toys for a dollar. The’re cheap, little toys – but toddlers love them!
- Hugs & Kisses. No cavities or money spent – just a lot of love and excitement.
- Books. Whether they love picture books or having you read to them, you can use books as part of the reward/bribery system.
Bribery isn’t for everyone. There are some people who think it’s horrible to bribe your child during potty training. It worked for me though, so I’m a bribery advocate.