Winter in the North East is probably my least favorite season. Yes, I love looking at the snow, but after a few days, the novelty wears off and I am left feeling cold, drab, and unmotivated to get dressed up.
There are a few accessories that I like to wear with my standard jeans and cozy sweaters! I rarely leave home without these accessories, and they are the extent to me getting dressed up (because lets face it — it’s way too cold to wear any type of skirt or dress!).
- A funky bangle. I have had a serious love of fun, chunky bangles since high school. I can’t even tell you how many are in my collection, because when I looked to write this post I was a little shocked by just how full the drawer was! But, I love them!! My newest favorite for this year is a handcrafted bangle from Jan Lewis Designs. I just love the square shape, and details really make it extra special. There are multiple colors on it, making it match with almost everything I own. With all the different shapes, designs and sizes available your perfect bangle is waiting for you!
- A great pair of boots. I admit it — I look forward to the beginning of fall and winter. Mainly because I cannot wait for an excuse to drag out and start wearing my favorite pairs of boots … I have two! I have my everyday boots that are great for cold, wet, snowy days and just super cold, dry days. I also have a dressier pair of boots that I wear whenever we are going someplace nice. Both pairs can be worn all winter all and they are both super warm and comfy. This is the one thing that I miss about winter when it’s over — I love my boots!
- A weather proof purse. Okay, this may not be on every ones list, but it is definitely on mine. I slip and fall a few times each winter. I am pretty clumsy, and me and ice are not friends. I cannot even tell you how many purses I have ruined because they fell in a slushy puddle and of course they didn’t close so all my stuff went everywhere. After being very upset about more than once, I decided that I needed special “snow” purses. I make sure that while my purse is still cute, it won’t be ruined if it gets wet. And I ALWAYS make sure the bag closes on top with either a zipper or a magnetic flap.
- A soft, warm scarf. I have only really started liking scarves the past few years. I had actually worn the same scarf for 5 years — I just love it. It is nothing super special, it’s just really long, really wide, pink and red, and super warm. It is the first scarf that I have worn that didn’t make me feel like I was choking, and I have worn it with a coat, a sweatshirt, and with just a sweater on those days when it’s still chilly but not still cold enough for a heavy coat.
- Pocket Hand Warmers. I don’t like to have cold hands. Who does, right? But gloves aren’t always an option for me. I have big hands (a fact that my mom pointed out to me when we got new phones!) and I have a hard time finding gloves that fit me right. Plus, I find that someone always needs something that can only be opened without gloves on. For this reason, I like to keep a hand warmer or two with me. I found this do-it-yourself tutorial a while ago, and love how cute they are and how simple and easy it is to make them.