Now, if that title doesn’t leave your mouth-watering, I don’t know what will! I just whipped these delicious morsels up and had to share how I made them because, well, they’re the best thing I’ve ever put in my mouth!
These Triple Chocolate Espresso Cheesecake Brownie Bites combine everything I love: Chocolate (times 3), Espresso, Cheesecakes and Brownies. It’s the quartet of kitchen sins, and you don’t want to be without them – ever.
I found an amazing recipe here, and doctored it up a little to make it perfect for me. Here’s how to make them yourself:
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Make a cup of espresso, but don’t drink it! (I used my Starbucks Verismo to make mine, but instant should work also)
- Boil 2 cups of water
- Chop up (finely) 1 ounce of unsweetened chocolate
- Grease/Spray a 13″ x 9″ baking dish
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate - finely chopped
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon table salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh brewed espresso (you could replace this with water if you don't want the espresso flavor)
- 1/2 cup of boiling water
- 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg yolk
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix together the cocoa, boiling water (1/2 cups and espresso. Whisk until uniform.
- Whisk in the chopped chocolate and continue whisking until it's melted. Add the melted butter and oil and continue to whisk.
- Add the eggs, yolks and vanilla and continue to whisk until smooth. Continue whisking while you add the sugar.
- Fold in the flour,baking powder and salt and then the chocolate chips.
- Pour into your prepared baking dish.
- Blend all the cheese cake ingredients until completely uniform.
- Add dollops of the cheese cake mixture on top of the brownie batter in the baking dish. Use a knife to swirl the mixture through the brownie batter.
- Bake at 350 for 30 - 35 minutes. When using a toothpick, they're done when the toothpick comes out mostly clean with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow brownies to cool for 45 minutes before attempting to cut (avoiding this step will lead to rips, smears and an unattractive brownie!)
- Cut, Serve, Enjoy!