Strawberry Swirl Coffee Cake is a yummy twist to your traditional coffee cake. If your sweet tooth is in need of pleasing, then this Strawberry Swirl Coffee Cake is sure to do the trick. Packed with flavor and deliciously moist this is perfect for any occasion!
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. melted butter
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1/4 c. softened butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 15 medium strawberries
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 c. sugar
- Add all ingredients to a bowl. Mix gently with a fork until crumbly. Set to the side
- Puree or mash the strawberries and mix with the corn starch and sugar until slightly thickened and well blended. Set to the side.
- In a large bowl mix flour with baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat together the egg, 1/3 c. butter (melted) and 3/4 c. sugar. Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a greased cake pan and spread the strawberry swirl over top.
- With a toothpick or knife, swirl the strawberry layer deep into and throughout the batter.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the cake mix and bake at 375° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cut into squares and serve warm. Yum!