Baked Corn is a long standing favorite with my family, and has been made for every holiday and family gathering we’ve had. It goes great with just about anything, and the kiddo’s love it.
Baked Corn Ingredients:
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 stick of butter melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cans of drained whole kernel corn (not creamed)
- 4 tbsp. cornstarch
- Cinnamon to taste
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Baked Corn Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Lightly grease your casserole dish. I use a 2 quart round dish and coat with PAM.
- Mix milk and cornstarch until well blended (I put them in a lidded jar and shake vigorously). Add vanilla and mix again.
- Lightly beat the eggs until they’re well blended.
- Add butter and sugar to the mix, whisking until smooth.
- Whisk the milk mixture into the egg & sugar mix.
- Stir in the corn and blend well.
- Pour the mix into your dish and shake on the cinnamon.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the top no longer jiggles when shaken.
This Baked Corn is a dessert like side dish has a thick pudding like texture and is great served warm. My family has been making Baked Corn for every holiday for as long as I can remember. Even picky eaters will ask for seconds (and possibly thirds!)